A Mixture of Rustic and Elegant: Wedding Boutonnieres and Corsages

I know everyone is getting sick of the complaining but the weather really has stunk here in the Northeast this spring...if you want to call it that!  To get my mind off of the weather and to have some fun, I decided to practice my craft and create a few photo ops at the same time :).

Most often when I am doing the flowers for my weddings everything is so rush-rush that I do not have time to stage nice photos of the flowers when they are completed.  Much care is needed to keep the flowers fresh and beautiful.  It is such a disappointment after all the work that goes into the whole process not to get lovely photos after all.  So, while the weather was simply awful, I decided to make lemonade out of lemons and played around with flowers one day and photographed them the next.  Pure bliss for a floral designer!


Out of these five floral elements (tea rose, lisianthus, rosemary, eucalyptus and waxflower) I created some boutonnieres and a couple of corsages.



So, I set out to make a wedding board for an imaginary wedding party.  I made the imaginary groomsmen boutonnieres in a very simple way by using one tea rose and a sprig each of eucalyptus, waxflower and rosemary.  I, then, tied it all up with a pale pink ribbon.


The groom's boutonniere was much more elaborate with a tea rose, several mini lisianthus flowers and sprigs of waxflower, eucalyptus and rosemary.  I thought the mixture of the formal rose and sprigs of rosemary and waxflower combined the themes of rustic and elegant together quite nicely.  Since this is my imaginary wedding party, I can do that ;). 


Moving onto the corsages, I made two of them: one each for each of the mothers.

They both contained the same flowers but with slightly different designs.  One would be attached to a ribbon and worn as a bracelet and the other would be a pin on corsage.

They were simple and light but elegant as the same time.


Pink is beginning to become one of my favorite colors!




Here were the fruits of my labor.  It is so much fun creating pretty things!


Out of pure simplicity can come the ultimate elegance~



I am hoping an honest-to-goodness wedding party will find these bouts and corsages beautiful and want to emulate them for their wedding~

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! I would love for you to come over and link up at Thursday Favorite Things! https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/clean-eating-recipes-at-thursday-favorite-things/
    Hope to see you at the party! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I will definitely check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty! I'm hoping to one day find a floral class in my area. Not for a professional endeavor, just to enhance my tables.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I hope you find a class. Floral design is so much fun :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up to Thursday Favorite Things. Featuring you today!
    https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/spring-flowers-garden-style-at-thursday-favorite-things/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that’s wonderful! Thanks so much. I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  6. Christine, all of your flora arrangements are always gorgeous. Love the flower combination in these too. Thank you for sharing this post on Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring it at tonight's party and pinning too!
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so very much, Kerryanne! I am over-the-moon excited 😊!

    ReplyDelete